Favourite Movie Villains

Because the Headless Horseman is not actually included on this list, I have given him special mention in the form of a picture instead. This list is scattered; not in any kind of order and possibly lacking a few more of my favourites, but these are the basics and all I can think of at present.
The Joker 
Ledger's version of this villain of course. Whilst I am a huge Nicholson fan, I did not feel that his performance as the joker was as good as it could have been. Heath gave the character a whole new meaning and it surprised me. I would never have believed he could have pulled it off as well as he did, but he didn't half manage.
Voldemort 
I think a good telling off would be given to anyone who did not mention Lord Voldemort, no matter who else is on their list. Voldemort was optional for mine however because he is not really as good as he could be. Perhaps that is the fault of the Potter world director, as his character in Rowling's books is up to par. I was shocked to find out his character in the movies did not live up to his character in the books, but I will never blame Ralph Fiennes.
Annie Wilkes 
This is a character that should always get top marks for being uniquely disturbed in more ways than one. She kidnaps her favourite novelist and is sure to break his ankles to prevent him escaping her clutches, whilst she forces him to write a new chapter to his book just for her. In the movie, she snaps whenever he writes something that she does not approve of and goes absolutely mental. It is unique; and whilst the kidnapping idea is not, her inner demons give her a strong enough likability.
Patrick Bateman 
Bateman is a classic because he is so messed up you would not believe it. It seems as though, throughout the entire movie, he has no real reason whatsoever to commit such horrific murders, but the enjoyment he receives from actually allowing his moods to take control are hilarious. Whilst it should not be a comedy in any way, shape or form given its content, it's almost impossible not to giggle at how intense those moments are. He simply boils up a load of anger through the smallest of things, and kills people if they displease him in any way.
Stansfield 
One of my favourite bad guys, and not just because Gary Oldman portrays him. No, this corrupt cop is so hyped on drugs that he doesn't know the difference between right or wrong anymore. His sanity left him a long time ago and his only muse is Beethoven. He likes to describe Beethoven's music as the kind of thing that warms him up before he barges in on people who owe him a ton of money, but refuse to own up to it. A personal favourite quote of mine; 'I haven't got time for this Mickey Mouse bullshit!', is one that defines his character perfectly.
Pennywise 
A great deal of people would probably include this clown, because they are afraid of clowns in general, though this one in particular is severely messed up. He has razor sharp teeth and an upward pointing do of bright red hair. At first, he seems almost friendly, but for those who have a keen eye and ear, he is far from it. The game is given away all too soon when he pulls a young boy down a gutter and eats him alive. Me however, I am not scared of clowns, so this one doesn't actually frighten me much. The only thing that frightens me about this clown is Tim Curry; now he IS scary.
Nurse Ratched 
There is nothing at all to like about this damn woman. She is irritating from the first time we are introduced to her. The way in which she treats her patients is ridiculous; she cares nothing for them and is non the wiser when one of them shows clear signs of depression. Because of her lack of understanding and inability to notice these signs, said patient kills himself and she then considers it a problem she could not have prevented. She certainly could have prevented it by not encouraging the poor patient to feel guilty over sleeping with someone. Having quite a bond with his mother and being threatened by this nurse did not end well for him.
Predator 
I adore this character, very much so. I chose predator over alien and would everytime because alien does not have all that much to offer really. Unless of course, I were to base my decision off a deleted scene I found for one of the alien movies a few years ago, then I might pick alien instead. It was a very creepy clip in which an alien was kneeling down watching a member of crew fixing up her hair. What bothered me most about that clip was the way in which the alien approached her; crawling forward whilst his hands were on the floor beneath him and his feet outstretched in front of him. It was the image of that alone I believe. But, in all seriousness, predator gets my vote.
Bane 
Another character from Batman because this one deserves it too. I was reluctant to go and see the new batman movie, but was persuaded by how good a trailer it had. It's more likely that I'll go see a movie if a trailer shines. I'll seldom bother otherwise. Bane has been chosen because his villain is of a different kind; he is not your usual villain at all. Though, he is not exactly the real villain (the mastermind behind the destruction of Gotham), which is what makes it more exciting.
V 
Most will know who V is, and if you don't, shame on you. He is last on this list so your focus will be on him for a moment longer. I wanted him here for attention because I do not consider him a villain by any means, but in the world of entertainment, he is just that. The reason why I do not consider him a villain is because everything that he did and everything that he stood for, I agreed with. Had he been an actual member of society, I would have stood alongside him and followed his dreams because he was right in absolutely everything he ever said or did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home